Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Up and Running

Good morning Red Raider Nation! 


I was told by one of my favorite blog writers that I need to update my blog everyday in order to get my message across. So from here on out, I will be finding something informative to write about everyday. I still want to tell my story to you guys. Younger athletes, do not make the same mistakes I have made in past (on the field and in life). Football is not only suppose teach you how to win a football game, but it should teach you the importance of growth and maturity. I will post my story soon, but I warn you, it may be a lengthy read. 


 RANDOM NEWS & OPINIONS                                                  

As stated before, I get a bulk of my information from the Double-T Nation website. The awesome writers for this website really keep me informed on the latest news from the football department. I already feel a bit behind since I am missing camp. August 27th is the walk-on tryout date. Hopefully, because they run a very seemingly easy defense,  I'll be able to pick up on the system very quickly



With the defensive back group still struggling, I really hope to come in and contribute sooner than later. As it stands right now, I have a red shirt year available, and 3 years left on the field. There will be some adjustment of course, I know. I came from a very small NAIA school.With that being said though, I do not plan on simply being a kid with a jersey. I am coming to Texas Tech to become a solid starter. I am not arrogant, or making any promises to you guys, but take note. My goal is to be the best defensive back that graduated from Texas Tech University.  

----Here is a link to my highlight tape. Like I said on Double T Nation, I welcome all feedback! I am my hardest critic.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/462612/highlights/13559380



MY PROGRESS                                                                  

I've been training on and off this past week which really upsets me because one of my biggest problems is consistency. I need to work on being committed 110% and not 98%. If you know football, THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE. Anyway, workouts overall have been going great. I think my strengths will be speed, and footwork. I will continue to work on my hands, though it would be nice if I could find someone in Houston to throw me the ball. I will be in Lubbock officially next Saturday. DO NOT be surprised if you see a black kid (not wearing a shirt) running around Lubbock. Conditioning will be key to my success, so I will be out there still grinding it out
!

No comments:

Post a Comment