Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back and Running


It has been awhile! 

       Truthfully, I really had to let things works themselves out after the rather disappointing results of the tryouts. Like I said before, I’m not too upset about it because this time around, I know what to expect, and for the next 5 months, my training will be based upon what we were asked to do that day. Speed is always the dominating factor now-a-days, so there is the starting point. The main goal is to maintain footwork and get faster. I am not very concerned with bulking up as that usually slows you down, so once I am in the program, I’ll let them go from there. I just started getting back in the groove of things as far as training. I lost some strength in areas, but 5 months is a long time to get back where I need to be. I have to stay dedicated to what I am trying to do, and that is not always easy. We all have those things in our lives that make us question whether or not it's all worth it. Me personally, mental exhaustion has always been the hardest thing to conquer at times. God has given me another chance though to make my dreams a reality, so I have NO TIME to waste in front of the t.v or ps3. Time flies by too fast and I cannot imagine looking back on life and saying I did not give my all. All-in-all, I’m going to stay prayerful and build off of my faith because at the end of the day: that’s all you have.  

       I recently agreed to do intramural football with a friend who is building a team. Basically it will be 7-on-7. I really went against my normal judgment with this because I always made fun of those doing intramurals in high school. Now that the tables have turned, I have to not only eat my own words, but be understanding in how this could help me down the road. It will definitely be an experience, but I know God wouldn’t have put it in front of me, unless it would benefit me.


Every day presents a chance for growth and development. I’ll take it each day step by step, and continue to push myself beyond the comfort zone.

At the end of the day, I just have to stay hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment