Monday, November 19, 2012

Oklahoma State has their way with No. 23 Texas Tech, winning for the fifth straight time head to head in Stillwater.  (US Presswire)
 
Is the sky falling?

I know I always say when I write that I should be doing this more but the school year is coming to an end and now I have nothing really to keep me from my poor little site. After today I seriously had to take some time and write about what I believe is in order for this Texas Tech program.


Firing the Coach


Today after reading opinions from tired, worn-out, depressed fans, I believe that it is time for change. Do I believe firing Coach T is the right answer? I don’t think I’m educated enough to make that true answer because there are a lot of variables that could and will go into play. The names that have been thrown out there are some names that I could agree with (as far as replacing Tubs) but what if we don’t get those coaches, then what. We are stuck with some coach we never thought we would end up with, and who is to say that he doesn’t create much change in this program? You know what that ends up doing? You said it. SETTING THE PROGRAM FURTHER AND FURTHER BACK. I agree in the sense that maybe Coach T is not the motivating force we need, and maybe he doesn’t take enough blame. Maybe he doesn’t fit in the Big12 or is not the innovating coach needed to create change in the Big 12 (though I do not see much change needed). No matter what the opinion is from the congregation, I think we all can agree that we need change in this program. Football is where the money is! If the overall mood from the fans is that they want a new HC, then Hocutt has to put feelings aside and ultimately do what’s best for this program (as far as selling seats, getting media attention, and ect….).


Now of course, we need to take in consideration recruiting, players already established, and other vairables. Since, once again stated, I have no life, I will take a look into all of that now.


Recruiting


The general comparison between our two recent coaches is that as far as recruiting was concerned, Tubs is a clearly better at recruiting. But as we all know from some recent years at Texas, if you can COACH this recruits, then their wasted talent. Leach was known for being able to do more with less and we seen some promising years under Leach (like him or not). Tubs has been able to get some “quick fixes” in, but I personally have not seen their value. Yes I am talking about mainly at the defensive back position (and Will Smith). For the better part of two recruiting seasons, I have questioned a lot of this coaching staff’s reasoning behind players that don’t seem to have done much of anything on the high school or Juco level. Granted I understand they have recruited guys multi-position talented, but is that all we are looking for? Another thing, until we can beat teams consistently like Texas, Oklahoma state, Oklahoma, and TCU, we WILL NEVER win those recruits. Those guys (previous teams just mentioned) steal each other recruits all the time. Where is Tech in that mix?


What the players Want?


Well we all know about the end of the year review between coaches and players. I wonder what they will say. I wonder how the seniors feel. Like I said before, I’ve been able to talk to many players about this team’s coaching staff and I continue to hear praises about this defensive staff (brought in by Tubs), but never any praises about this offensive staff. You know what I hear about them? Inconsistent, soft, give up at times, horrible play calling, excuses, and the list goes on. Is that the simple fix? A new coordinator with more experience does sound like common sense, but would he have control over this offense or does Coach T undermines his ideas? I know he tried it with Coach Kaufman, but I think Kaufman is too much of a bad ass to be undermined, and for most of the season, his way has worked! NEXT!


I’m getting a little tired so I will end here! Coming up next is the “Baylor- Tech Prediction” & “Next Year: What If’s”




No comments:

Post a Comment